Updated July 17, 2014
When is the next Disaster Relief training?
Mark your calendar to join us in 2015 for a regional training event in one of the following locations. Details about these 2015 events will be provided later.
- February 21, Aiken
- March 7, Florence
- April 18, Spartanburg
As announced at last fall's training at White Oak, we have moved away from holding fall training, so that training events will not overlap with hurricane season.
Unaccompanied Minors Crossing the Mexico-US Border:
The North American Mission Board has issued a statement explaining DR involvement in the crisis of huge numbers of unaccompanied minors from Central America crossing into the U.S. from Mexico. Please pray for these children and for those making decisions about their care. Read more...
For a related story from Baptist Press, click HERE.
Special Notes for DR Unit Leaders:
- If your unit is scheduled to work (or has worked already) in mission efforts, exercises, etc. this summer, please notify the state DR office of your plans. See the list below for examples.
- DR Unit Leader Update - August 26, 2014 for ALL Unit Leaders ("Blue Hats") at the SCBC Building in Columbia. Please register by Tuesday, August 18.
- The Waccamaw Assn. shower/laundry unit is stationed at Pawley's Island Community Church June 4- July 31 for youth mission outreach projects.
- Saluda Assn./Shady Grove BC's shower unit was used
June 13-23 at Grace View Baptist, Anderson
July 5-11 in Chester, SC
July 16-18 in Charlotte, NC
July 19-25 in Atlanta, GA for the SummerSalt Mission Trip
- The shower unit from Lexington Assn./First Calvary BC was used July 18-25 in Atlanta, GA for the SummerSalt Mission Trip.
- Saluda Assn./Shady Grove BC's laundry unit was used July 23-26 in the upstate at the Little League World Series.
- The feeding unit from Florence Assn/Hebron Baptist Church (BC) served lunch in Hartsville, SC on June 26 at a class for emergency managers & first responders.
- Marion Assn.'s shower unit was used in Lake City, SC on June 20-27.
- The shower unit from Aiken Assn. was used in Bamberg, SC on June 20-28.
- York Association's shower unit served in Rock Hill on June 16-23.
- The Southeast Assn. shower unit was used :
June 16-20 in Georgetown for the Methodist's Winyah Bay Salkehatchie mission project
June 21-27 in Dillon, SC for a sports camp
June 30-July 2 at First Baptist, Surfside by the Camp McCall staff
July 7-11 at Murrell's Inlet First Baptist for a mission project
July 13-18 at First Baptist Georgetown for "All In - All Out" mission projects
- The shower unit from Charleston Association ministered at:
James Island Christian Church on June 9-13 for Collide Youth Mission.
June 23-28 at Highland Park Baptist, Hanahan for World Changers
June 30-July 5 at Riverbluff Baptist, Greenville for youth mission projects
July 7-13 at Cooper River Baptist, Charleston for Mission work, Hive Church
July 14-19 at Highland Park Baptist, Hanahan for World Changers
- Columbia Metro Association's shower unit was used:
July 5-11 at Spring Valley Baptist, Columbia
July 21-25 at St. Andrews Baptist, Columbia for World Changers
- The shower unit from Saluda Assn. was used:
June 8-15 at River St. Baptist in Anderson
June 16-23 in Rock Hill, SC
2014 Disaster Relief Training Events
Unit Leader Update
August 26, 2014
SC Baptist Convention Building
190 Stoneridge Dr., Columbia
Click HERE for details.
Additional opportunity for SCDR-trained chaplains who are interested in further training:
2014 Chaplains Conference
Sept. 22-23, 2014
White Oak Conference Center
Sponsored by the SCBC Missions Mobilization Group.
Helpful for all chaplains and pastors, the event's intended focus is on training those who serve people who suffer losses - physical, relational, material, and other ways. Those attending the full conference will receive a certificate of accreditation from the Critical Incident Stress Foundation for CISM: Grief Following Trauma. Click Here for information/registration.
Disaster Relief Office
The Disaster Relief Office strives to train leaders, develop new teams, and lead in Christian discipleship and evangelism in the area of Disaster Relief as SC Baptists bring help, healing, and hope during local, state, national, and international disasters.
Randy Creamer, Director
Disaster Relief & Men's Ministry Office
803.227.6174 (Direct Line)
800.723.7242 (Toll Free)