Disaster Alert: Aiken-area Storm
There was a limited amount of damage from yesterday evening's storm. Two chainsaw teams will be assisting in the Aiken area on Tuesday, April 21. Please pray for safety and for opportunities to share their testimony as these teams minister.
Ministry Opportunities: Construction & Rebuild
There are numerous opportunities available for construction/repair teams from churches to assist different ministries with their physical facilities. These would make great projects for mission trips! Any church group can participate - do not have to be Disaster Relief teams. Some are in South Carolina; others are further afield:
- Interior Painting - Edisto Island, SC Retreat House
- Building Renovation - Center of Hope recovery ministry, Chester, SC
- Building Repairs - South Jersey churches (also need VBS prayer-walking, etc.)
- Various Construction Needs - Aurora, Ohio area churches (decking, fencing, interior finishing, etc.)
- On-going upkeep & improvements at South Carolina Baptist camps: Camp McCall, Camp LaVida, & White Oak Conference Center
For more details on these projects, click HERE.
Regional Training Events
There is one remaining opportunity to attend a regional training event in 2015. Please click on the title in the sidebar for information. Online registration has now closed, but you may register at the door. Please note: the schedule has been recently changed. Click HERE for an updated schedule, reflecting these changes:
- Unit Leader class has been expanded to two parts (10:45 and 2:00). To receive full credit, Unit Leaders must attend both sessions.
- An additional Medical Trauma class has been added at 10:45 am.
- Earthquake Awareness and Emergency Response Team (ERT) have been dropped due to illness of the trainer.
Reminder to Unit Leaders:
Keep your unit stocked with Bibles to give to homeowners that your unit assists. If you are running low on Bibles, pick up a box at one of the training events, or let the DR Office know.
Disaster Relief Units in South Carolina
The following are the types of Disaster Relief teams and equipment in our state (click on each for a brief description) :
- Children's Response
- C.O.P.E. (Christian Outreach to People Evacuated)
- Incident Command
- International (Baptist Global Response)
- Mass Feeding
- Water Purification
Disaster Relief Office
The Disaster Relief Office strives to train leaders, develop new teams, and lead in Christian discipleship and evangelism in the area of Disaster Relief as SC Baptists bring help, healing, and hope during local, state, national, and international disasters.
Randy Creamer, Director
Sue Harmon, Operations Manager