International Disaster Relief 2016
Baptists respond to disasters around the globe. If you are a Disaster Relief volunteer, a specialized training is required before you can participate in international DR deployments. We are pleased to offer the training this fall in South Carolina.
- When: November 4-5, 2016
- Where: White Oak Conference Center
- What: This is a 10-hour course certified by BGR (Baptist Global Response), the organization that coordinates SBC Disaster Relief outside the USA.
- Cost: $25 Conference fee (Includes registration fee and materials. Lodging and meals are additional.) Lodging/Meals: Single room $73.25 per night, Double room $55.25 per person per night, Triple room $49.75 per person per night (includes room and 3 meals)
- Check-in at 12:30 p.m. Friday (lunch is not provided-please have lunch before arrival)
- Conference begins at 1:00 p.m. Friday.
- Conference ends at 1:45 p.m. Saturday.
- Download detailed schedule
Course Description: This course addresses a number of issues surrounding the deployment of a team to a foreign field to assist those affected by disasters. The course begins with the Biblical foundation for humanitarian work and disaster response, a brief history of disasters since 1900 and the cultural implications of responding to a crisis. It also digs deeper into international terminology in disasters, response team configurations, assessments, and internationally recognized problems in disaster response. It is designed to familiarize the participant with the field and provides a good framework for an organization to consider participating in disaster response work overseas.
Trainer: Eddie Fulmer of Prosperity, SC has extensive experience in international Disaster Relief, and is called upon by other state conventions and the North American Mission Board (NAMB) to lead International DR training events around the country. His most recent international DR trip was to Nepal last October to assist with earthquake recovery (pictured above, second from right).
To register, please click HERE. (Please note, a separate DR Chaplaincy training event is being held at the same time. In the registration process, you will be able to select which event you wish to attend.)