Tips for Promoting VBS
By effectively promoting VBS within our churches, we can create excitement, generate support, and inspire individuals of all ages to come together in unity and make a lasting impact on the lives of those involved.
Promoting VBS in our churches
- Announce the dates. Publicize the dates for VBS early and often.
- Posters. Put up posters around the church, making sure to include information on how to volunteer, how to donate, and how to sign up children to attend.
- Use social media. Utilize church social media accounts and web pages to publicize information about VBS.
- Be creative! As an example, you could involve your pastor or children’s pastor by having him dress up according to the VBS theme.
- Teach VBS music. Start teaching the VBS music early in children’s ministry, Sunday school classes, and small groups.
Promoting VBS in our community
- Put up yard signs. Pass out yard signs to church members to put in their front yards.
- Make invitations. Kids can take these to give out to their friends and families.
- Post on social media and community outreach boards. Consider asking local businesses to put up flyers on announcement boards.
Promotion is a vital part of VBS. Get creative and get the word out about VBS so that we can reach as many as possible for the Kingdom!