Recruiting Great Workers for VBS
Recruiting dedicated and enthusiastic workers is essential for a successful Vacation Bible School (VBS) program.
As you embark on your recruitment journey, remember to seek God’s guidance through prayer. In addition to prayer, here are three important points that will assist you in recruiting great workers for your VBS program.
Be Enthusiastic about VBS:
- Infect others with your enthusiasm: Approach potential workers with genuine excitement about VBS. Your energy will be contagious and attract people to join your team.
- Showcase your passion: Demonstrate your enthusiasm when making recruitment appeals, interacting with parents and church members, and engaging with children in your ministry.
- Start early: Build excitement and anticipation for VBS well in advance, as early enthusiasm can create a positive and engaging atmosphere for recruitment.
Be Specific about VBS Needs:
- Provide clear job opportunities: Avoid generic requests and provide a detailed list of specific roles and responsibilities within your VBS program.
- Offer job descriptions: Clearly outline the tasks, duties, and time commitments associated with each role to help potential workers understand their contribution.
- Tailor the ask: Customize your recruitment approach to address the interests and strengths of individuals. By making specific requests, you increase the likelihood of attracting volunteers who feel equipped for the task.
Show Gratitude and Appreciation:
- Value existing workers: Cultivate a culture of gratitude by expressing your appreciation for current VBS workers. Recognize and acknowledge their efforts and contributions.
- Create a supportive environment: Designate a special break room or area exclusively for VBS workers, stocked with refreshments and treats as a token of gratitude.
- Publicly express appreciation: Encourage your senior pastor to acknowledge VBS workers during worship services and make personal appearances at VBS to personally thank them. Kind words and gestures go a long way in making workers feel valued.
Recruiting great workers for VBS is foundational to its success. By committing to prayer, maintaining enthusiasm, providing specific job opportunities, and showing genuine appreciation, you can build a team of dedicated VBS workers who will serve with joy and passion.
Remember, your efforts in recruitment lay the groundwork for an impactful and memorable VBS experience. Trust in God’s guidance, be intentional, and express your gratitude along the way. May your recruitment process yield a team of exceptional VBS workers who impact the lives of children for eternity.