Top 10 Ways to Care for Missionaries
The life of a missionary is filled with emotional ups and downs.
From the challenges of living in a different culture to experiencing the loss of a parent, they frequently need Christian care and compassion. So how can a local church do that effectively? Here is a short list of ways to show care and compassion for missionaries.
These tips can elevate your communication strategy:
- Pray for them regularly and let them know you are praying.
- Send care packages, birthday cards, and personal notes.
- Ask how they are doing and listen carefully before responding.
- Send a voice message with scripture and encouragement for their day.
- Set up a video chat to encourage and pray with your missionary.
When missionaries come off the field, their stateside time provides opportunities to care, also. See some examples below:
- Set up a house for missionaries to use during their stateside time.
- Send gift cards to missionary kids attending college.
- Provide a vehicle for missionaries to use during their stateside time.
- Invite missionaries to participate in the activities of your church.
- Provide a mini vacation for your missionary family at a place they enjoy.