Ministry Assistant – Preschool & Childhood Ministry (4/29/2021)
We are looking for a creative, highly motivated individual who can assist the associate director with all preschool and childhood responsibilities. These include general administrative duties; assist in the coordination of all VBS, Weekday Education, Camp, and Consulting teams; maintain general knowledge of Childhood ministry resources; as well as serve as Preschool & Children’s Ministry content author for the SCBC website.
Qualifications include: preferably a college graduate or the equivalent with strong administrative, computer skills and prior work experience; relationally driven, skillful in working well with others while maintaining respect to sensitive business and personnel matters. Experience with design, social media, and advanced technology skills are preferred.
We offer excellent benefits including paid time off, retirement, health insurance and life insurance. If you are interested, please contact HR_user@scbaptist.org.
Accounting Assistants (5/4/2021)
Seeking a qualified candidate to work from home approximately 20 – 29 hours per week.
Duties include, but are not limited to, processing staff expense reimbursement reports.
Experience and/or degree in accounting is preferred. Candidates must be detail oriented, self-starters with good communication skills. Candidates must be able to work independently in a paperless environment and must have strong computer skills.
Please email your resume to HR_User@scbaptist.org.
Summer Catalysts (4/5/2021)
We are looking for seven college age people who are interested in working part-time with the South Carolina Baptist Convention in the areas of Evangelism; Church Strategies and Creative Services. The duties include:
Creative Services (2 catalysts)
- Assist with pre-production; production; post-production and distribution of audio, video, design and/or photo content
- Assist with regional on-location events
- Learn through a hands-on approach
- Receive mentoring towards potential calling as a creative or communicator
Evangelism (4 catalysts)
- Learn latest evangelism strategies by engaging in personal disciple-making and evangelism training
- Work with other catalysts to plan and implement evangelistic events; arrange partnerships with local churches and association to ensure success of event and make sure events are tied to local church ministries
- Learn and implement strategies for spiritual surveys; exegete the culture of communities and understand spiritual needs and landscape of communities
- Meet weekly via ZOOM with team mentors
Church Strategies (1 catalyst)
- Assist in telling stories of how God is strengthening churches in SC
- Assist in development of new projects to serve SC Baptist churches
- Serve as a resource assistant to associational mission strategists, pastors and churches to share their needs and opportunities for partnerships
- Receive mentoring from team members
Qualifications: have a passion to serve Jesus; be an active member of a South Carolina Baptist Convention church; have a clear testimony of salvation, baptism and renewed life. Ability to work 15 – 20 hours per week May 26 – July 28 with some travel involved. A stipend will be paid semi-monthly.
If you are interested, please contact HR_User@scbaptist.org.