Going through difficult times? If not now, it will happen sooner or later. So go get the scissors, print and cut out this article and store it somewhere for the hard times. Hear the word of your caring Father God as He whispers to you in the tough times:
- 2 Chronicles 20: “We are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on Thee. Do not fear or be dismayed. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.”
- Psalm 34: “The Lord is near to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- Psalm 138: “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me.”
- Psalm 139: “O Lord, Thou has searched me and known me. Thou dost know my sitting and my rising and understand my thoughts from afar.”
- Isaiah 41: “Do not anxiously look about you for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Surely I will help you.”
Meditate on these words of assurance then find a song of comfort and sing it in your heart!
Mark Powers is director of the Worship & Music Office at the South Carolina Baptist Convention. You can contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.227.6166.