DR ALERT- Hurricane Idalia
All SC Baptist Disaster Relief units are now placed on ALERT to respond to Tropical Storm/Hurricane Idalia.
This storm is likely to impact our own state but will definitely impact Florida. What that means is our units will be needed, we’re just not sure where yet. The plan is to take care of needs here in SC, and if damage here is minimal, turn our focus toward responding in Florida.
All DR volunteers:
Prepare to serve, with deployments likely to start this weekend for Recovery (Chainsaw and Mud-Out) and Child Care units; even earlier for Incident Management, Assessment & Chaplains, Feeding, and Shower/Laundry.
- Communicate with your Unit Leader about your availability.
- Arrange for your home/church/community responsibilities to be covered.
- Pack your bags.
- Communicate with your team members.
- Communicate with the appropriate church and/or associational leaders regarding deployment.
- Let the state DR office know of your available dates.
- Check your trailer and equipment.
- Plan for travel on a Saturday or Sunday, work during the week, and travel home the following weekend. As always, adjustments to that basic plan can be made to accommodate team schedules if needed.