Disaster Relief Training October 2021
This event provides training for those interested in meeting needs after a disaster. Classes are offered in the various ministry areas of Baptist Disaster Relief. Additionally, an “Introduction to Disaster Relief” class is required of all new volunteers. (*For volunteers interested in becoming DR Chaplains, please see requirements below.)
Click HERE for class descriptions.
The day of training will include three (3) class times, a general session, and lunch.
Please note: attendance may be limited to allow for social distancing, and masks may be required. As the year unfolds, we will adjust according to where things stand with the pandemic.
LOCATION: Lake Murray Baptist Church, 1001 Hwy 378 West, Lexington, SC
TIME: 8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
SCHEDULE: For a detailed schedule of times and classes offered, click HERE.
$35 for Returning Volunteers
$50 for New Volunteers
Cost includes registration fee, training materials, and lunch. For new volunteers, also includes hat, lanyard, badge, t-shirt, & background check.
Registration is now closed for this event. Please plan to attend next spring’s training, April 2, 2022.
- Registration fees for this event are transferrable to another person if you notify us in advance.
- Full refunds will be given if cancellation is received 10 days prior to the event.
- Consideration for partial refunds will be given in cases of illness or a death in the family.
* Chaplaincy – Persons interested in becoming Disaster Relief chaplains must complete the following prerequisites prior to attending the 12-hr. Chaplaincy course taught at a separate event in May of each year. The prerequisite classes are offered at each regional training event.
- Introduction to Disaster Relief class
- Introduction to Chaplaincy class
- Operational Stress Management class
- At least one ministry-area class such as chainsaw, mud-out, feeding.
- Deployment with any type of unit (chainsaw, mud-out, etc.) other than chaplains – this will be explained further in the Intro to Chaplaincy class.