Disaster Relief Training April 2021
This event provides training for those interested in meeting needs after a disaster. Classes are offered in these ministry areas of Baptist Disaster Relief: assessment of needs, introduction to chaplaincy** (see below for more info on chaplaincy), children’s response teams, mass feeding, chainsaw, flood recovery (mud-out), and shower/laundry. Additionally, an “Introduction to Disaster Relief” class is required of all new volunteers.
Click HERE for class descriptions.
The day of training will include three (3) class times, a general session, and lunch.
Due to coronavirus constraints, this training will have a reduced slate of classes offered, and attendance will be limited to allow for social distancing. Wearing of masks will be required.
LOCATION: Brushy Creek Baptist Church, 100 Clay Street, Easley, SC
TIME: 8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
SCHEDULE: For a detailed schedule of times and classes offered, click HERE.
Please note: The Shower/Laundry class will only be offered online as a Zoom-type video meeting. Any returning volunteer may sign up, even if not attending the April 17 training event. New volunteers must be registered for the April 17 training to be eligible to sign up. No additional fee for this class.
Date of online class: Thursday, April 22, 2021
Time: 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m .
To sign up for the Shower/Laundry online class: Contact Debbie Royson at [email protected] or 803-227-6041
COST for the April 17 training event at Brushy Creek:
$35 for Returning Volunteers
$50 for New Volunteers
Cost includes registration fee, training materials, and lunch. For new volunteers, also includes hat, lanyard, badge, t-shirt, & background check.
Registration is full. No walk-ups will be accepted.
- Registration fees are transferrable to the fall Disaster Relief training in 2021.
- Full refunds will be given if cancellation is received 10 days prior to the event.
- Consideration for partial refunds will be given in cases of illness or a death in the family.
* Chaplaincy – Persons interested in becoming Disaster Relief chaplains must complete the following prerequisites prior to attending the 12-hr. Chaplaincy course taught at a separate event in May of each year. The prerequisite classes are offered at each regional training event.
- Introduction to Disaster Relief class
- Introduction to Chaplaincy class
- Operational Stress Management class
- At least one ministry-area class such as chainsaw, mud-out, feeding.
- Deployment with any type of unit (chainsaw, mud-out, etc.) other than chaplains – this will be explained further in the Intro to Chaplaincy class.