Interim Shepherd Training
SC Baptist Convention, Columbia
Interim Shepherd training is a one-day, in-person primer to equip pastors to shepherd and lead during the interim season of a congregation. Building on a Biblical framework, we will focus on clarity of the current reality for many SC Baptist churches, identity and roles for leaders and members, mission of the church, and resourcing for the interim period of ministry.
This primer will be followed by regional cohort gatherings for interim to discuss vital topic to interim shepherding.
Interim Shepherd Training Overview:
- Vision for Ministry of Interim Shepherd in SC
- Biblical Foundation for Interim Shepherd Ministry
- Clarifying the Current Reality
- Reestablishing the Mission of the Church
- Investing in Leaders and Members
- Resourcing for the Interim Period of Ministry
Who Should Register?
Interim Shepherd Training is created to equip anyone who is currently serving as an interim pastor or seeking to begin an interim pastor ministry in 2024.
COST: This training is offered in partnership with Columbia Metro Baptist Association and made possible because of the faithful giving of the many members of our SC Baptist Churches.
Registration deadline: November 27, 2023