To apply, follow these 3 steps:
Read the Qualifications for Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Be a South Carolinian (or a dependent of an IMB or NAMB missionary or endorsed chaplain listing SC as their home state) who is an active member of a cooperating South Carolina Baptist Convention church or a Baptist Educational and Missionary Convention of South Carolina (BEMCSC) church.
- affirm personally and agree to teach in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- be recommended by a current pastor or another recognized leadership body of their congregation (i.e., church council, deacon board, elder board) Church Recommendation Form
- be enrolled in a South Carolina college/university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Preference given to students studying at one of our SC Baptist Universities. Exceptions available for students studying at SC public universities preparing for missionary service or other types of ministries.
- express a call to a Church Related Vocation.
- have a financial need.
- agree to participate in a Ministry Preparation Cohort. (Students serving on an official ministry team of an SCBC university may be exempted from this requirement)
- maintain a “C” average or above.
Complete an online application.
Have your church submit an electronic Church Recommendation Form.
Email email@example.com or call 803.227.6075.