To apply, follow these 3 steps:
Read the Qualifications for Doctoral Scholarships:
- be a South Carolinian who is an active member of a cooperating Southern Baptist Convention or Black Educational and Missionary Church of SC church.
- be attending one of the three South Carolina Baptist Convention universities (North Greenville, Anderson, or Charleston Southern) or one of the six Southern Baptist Seminaries (Golden Gate, Midwestern, New Orleans, Southeastern, Southern or Southwestern in the graduate-level program)
- submit a church recommendation form from their congregation. For churches, this recommendation can be submitted by a current pastor or another leadership body of the church (church council, deacon board, elder board, etc.)
- personally affirm and teach in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- express a calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student or Christian Ministry graduate student and maintain a grade point average of “C” or its equivalent.
- be preparing to serve as a minister of churches cooperating with the South Carolina Baptist Convention and/or the Southern Baptist Convention or to serve with the boards, agencies, or institutions of State Baptist Conventions or of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- have a financial need to meet the cost of their seminary tuition and fees.
Complete an online application.
Have your church submit an electronic Church Recommendation Form.
Email email@example.com or call 803.227.6075.