HOW DO I RECEIVE DESIGN ASSISTANCE?
All requests for design assistance are made by completing a Ministry Support Form. All SCBC designs must abide by the SCBC Creative Guide. All designers (staff and non-staff) are asked to provide the following to the South Carolina Baptist Convention when delivering the final product:
– The layered working files for the final design piece.
– All pieces should be created and submitted at 300dpi or higher.
– All pieces should be compressed to 72dpi for website use.
– All fonts, linked artwork, and/or photos used in the piece.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A LAST-MINUTE REQUEST?
If you have a last-minute request, you will still need to complete a Ministry Support Form. Creative Services will do their best to complete the request within the amount of time given but know that there are times when the last-minute request may not be completed due to the workload of Creative Services and priority other projects and priorities.
WHAT IS A “CREATIVE CHECK?”
For quality control purposes, accountability, and consistency, Creative Services asks that all print and pixel designs be reviewed by the Creative Director prior to printing (in-house or outside), publishing, or posting.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR DESIGN REQUESTS AND PROJECTS?
Creative Services allow a minimum of two weeks for design requests, with an additional two weeks allowed for in-house printing projects. For projects less than two weeks before the needed in-hand date, we will need to discuss availability and timeline.
WHAT ARE SOME BEST PRACTICES WHEN USING IMAGES?
– When possible, SCBC images should be used.
– Images should be royalty-free (free to use), clear, crisp, and not pixelated or unintentionally blurred.
– If the image is not royalty-free, permission to use is required from the source. If assistance is needed contact the Creative Director.