Qualifications and helpful information – Read carefully before applying
- An active resident member of a South Carolina Southern Baptist Church for at least nine (9) months prior to the beginning of an academic school year and approved by action of the church where they are an active member.
- Applications will not be accepted without church recommendation. (Southern Baptist missionary dependants whose parent(s) list South Carolina as their home state will be eligible for the scholarship.)
- Enrolled full time in a South Carolina college/university accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Applications will not be accepted without your written description of your calling to a Church Related Vocation.
- Student must be able to establish the need for financial aid and agree to participate in a ministry-related practical experience of a maximum of 3 hours per week under a designated supervisor.
- Student must be classified as a full-time student and maintain a grade point average of “C” or its equivalent.
- Student must attend a personal interview session held during April. These sessions are scheduled in three geographical areas of the state.
Note: Scholarships are determined by financial need and sent directly to the school to be applied to tuition and academic fees. Those receiving the scholarship will be informed by letter. The application must be submitted each year.
Application Deadline- Midnight on March 15th
Important: Before completing the online application at the link below, please download a church recommendation form. Take it to your church and have them complete it and mail signed originals to the address on the form. A completed church recommendation form is mandatory to be considered for a scholarship award.
In order to complete the application, you will need to have your church name and address as well as your pastor’s name.