SEND Atlanta is a cooperative effort to engage urban lostness by intentionally planting relevant reproducing congregations in Atlanta, Georgia that produce community transformation through:
Prayer - Praying for lost and unchurched people on a daily basis
Engagement - Engaging unreached people in small groups
Sowing - Sharing the good news and the truth of scripture in every way possible
Harvesting - Developing contextual evangelistic strategies and events, then following up and assimilating new believers into Bible Study and worship, and developing Jesus followers.
Would you consider becoming a partner with one of the new churches? It can be a church reaching second generation Asians or Asian Indians, Russians or Koreans or Hispanics; it can be one of the multi-cultural churches or one that uses hip-hop to communicate the gospel; it can be a traditional church or one that is planted in the midst of an older church in order to continue a gospel legacy; or it might be one of the churches being established in multihousing communities or affluent neighborhoods. Come on one of the vision tours and let God speak to you.
Interested in an Atlanta Vision Tour?
CLICK HERE for information and registration on Atlanta Vision Tours.
Pastor Eddie Willis (Atlanta Church Planter) sent the following email request to Tim Rice, Director of Missions Mobilization:
If you have anyone interested helping please give them my contact info. We are going to be needing people that can work on electrical, plumbing, gas, heating/air, flooring, Painting, creating a parking area, and yard work. So anyone skilled or unskilled that wants a project, send them our way. We are also working with people here in GA and I will need to coordinate groups. Also if anyone would like to donate materials that would be great as well.
If you are interested in assisting with Cross Connect Church Plant, contact Pastor Eddie Willis at 843.729.379
****All contacts wanting a vision tour in Atlanta are encouraged to contact Jim Haskell, the Send Atlanta coordinator, North American Mission Board. Cell# 404.433.2104 or via email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ****
Ways You Can You Become Involved:
- Select a church plant or potential church plant are and pray daily for that plant or soon-to-be plant.
- On your trips to Atlanta, spend a half day prayerwalking a church plant neighborhood or prospective church plant neighborhood.
- Send a team to assist a church planter with a project.
- Send a team during June or July to help conduct evangelistic events - block parties, sports clinics, Backyard Bible Clubs, etc.
- Take a team from your church on a Vision Tour.
- Some examples of Kingdom Connection Projects are:
- Prayer Groups - people praying for every event prior to, during and follow-up
- Door to Door - Prayer, Sharing your faith, Invitation to events, Invitation to partner with you for something such as a food drive, blood drive, etc.
- Parking Lot Opportunities - Food drive, Trunk or Treat, Community Cookouts, Chili Cook-off, Concerts, Sports Tournaments, Pet-a-palosa/Blessing of the Pets, Movie night, Block Parties
- Facility Opportunities - Space that could be remodeled, Revitalize green spaces at the church, Dog Park, Basketball court, Tennis court
- Clinics - Health Screenings/Dental, Bike safety & Maintenance, Sports, Car wash/tune ups/oil change/ tire inflation & care, Cooking classes, VBS/Backyard Bible Clubs
- Things to do from home - e-mails, phone calls, mailings for church planters
- Gift Baskets - volunteers bring gift baskets to deliver such as chips & salsa with a contact card, bath basket with a contact card or coffee/tea/mugs with a contact card
- Breakfast on the Go at the Marta Station
- Coffee on the Go
- Special Events - Trunk or Treat at Halloween; Community Meal at Thanksgiving; Santa Claus Pictures, Toys for Tots or assisting families at Christmas; Designated drivers for parties, childcare or Alcohol-free parties for recovering addicts at New Years; Fire pits, BBQ and big screen projection for the Super Bowl, Prom for adults, flowers & candy for wives at Valentine's Day; Egg Hunt at Easter; 5k road race to benefit a community cause that starts and finishes at the church parking lot; cookout and concert for July 4th
Go to NAMB.net/Send Atlanta for additional information.