Disaster Relief Training: Sweetwater Baptist Church, North Augusta
Sweetwater Baptist Church-North Augusta
This event provides training for those interested in meeting needs after a disaster. Classes are offered in the various ministry areas of Baptist Disaster Relief. (*For those interested in chaplaincy, see note below.) Additionally, an “Introduction to Disaster Relief” class is required of all new volunteers. The day of training will include three (3) class times, a general session and lunch.
For descriptions of the classes offered, click here: CLASS DESCRIPTIONS.
Sweetwater Baptist Church, 198 Sweetwater Road, North Augusta, SC
8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Detailed Schedule of times, classes – revised Sept. 23, 2022. Please disregard previous schedules you may have received, and note that the training will begin at 8:00 a.m. rather than 8:15!
$55 for New Volunteers
$35 for Returning Volunteers
Cost includes registration fee, training materials, and lunch. For new volunteers, also includes hat, lanyard, badge, t-shirt, & background check.
Click the button below to register online with a credit card.
Online registration will close at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
For a registration form that can be printed and mailed in with a check, please click HERE.
- Registration fees are are transferrable only to another Disaster Relief training in 2022.
- Refunds will be given if cancellation is received 10 days prior to the event.
- Consideration for partial refunds will be given in cases of illness or a death in the family.
* Chaplaincy – Persons interested in becoming Disaster Relief chaplains must complete the following prerequisites prior to attending the 12-hr. Chaplaincy course taught at a separate event in May of each year. The prerequisite classes are offered at both the spring and fall training events.
- Introduction to Disaster Relief class
- Introduction to Chaplaincy class
- Operational Stress Management class
- At least one ministry area class such as chainsaw, mud-out, shower-laundry.
- Deployment with any type of unit (mud-out, chainsaw, etc.) other than chaplains. This will be explained further in the Intro to Chaplaincy class.