Disaster Relief Training: Sweetwater Baptist Church, North Augusta
Sweetwater Baptist Church-North Augusta
Disaster Relief Training
October 15, 2022
North Augusta, SC
This event provides training for those interested in meeting needs after a disaster. Classes are offered in the various ministry areas of Baptist Disaster Relief: assessment of needs, introduction to chaplaincy* (see below for more info on chaplaincy), children’s response teams, communications (ham radio), feeding, chainsaw, flood recovery (mud-out), shower/laundry, and administration. Additionally, an “Introduction to Disaster Relief” class is required of all new volunteers. Click HERE to view or print class descriptions.
The day of training will include three (3) class times, a general session, and lunch.
Sweetwater Baptist Church, 198 Sweetwater Rd, North Augusta, SC
8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
A detailed schedule of times and classes offered will be posted here soon!
$35 for Returning Volunteers
$55 for New Volunteers
Cost includes registration fee, training materials, and lunch. For new volunteers, also includes hat, lanyard, badge, t-shirt, & background check.
Online registration will close at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct 11.
- Registration fees for this event are not transferrable to a 2023 event.
- Refunds will be given if cancellation is received 10 days prior to the event.
- Consideration for partial refunds will be given in cases of illness or a death in the family.
* Chaplaincy – Persons interested in becoming Disaster Relief chaplains must complete the following prerequisites prior to attending the 12-hr. Chaplaincy course taught at a separate event in May of each year. The prerequisite classes are offered at both the spring and fall training events.
- Introduction to Disaster Relief class
- Introduction to Chaplaincy class
- Operational Stress Management class
- At least one ministry-area class such as chainsaw or mud-out.
- Deployment with any type of unit (chainsaw, mud-out, etc.) other than chaplains – this will be explained further in the Intro to Chaplaincy