Have a heart for serving your community?Planning to be in SC this summer and want to play a part in caring for the vulnerable?Love developing relationships with people and seeing communities thrive as a result of ministry?
Then, being a SERVE Summer Catalyst may be for you. SERVE Catalysts will work together with the SERVE Team of the South Carolina Baptist Convention to do critical work in supporting compassion ministry efforts in South Carolina. SERVE Catalysts will not only learn ministry principles and strategies, but will gain hands on experience serving in the community.
What will a SERVE Summer Catalyst do?
- Be engaged in discipleship that focuses on serving holistically, as well as gaining an understanding of the culture of generational poverty through training opportunities.
- Spend time with a mission pastor/leader of a church in your area to learn what it means to be a church who effectively serves their community.
- Once a week cohort learning about needs, challenges and opportunities to build effective ministry strategies through churches and nonprofit organizations.
- Communicate with ministry leaders and missionaries, both in SC and beyond, to gain a broad understanding of various ministry practices and strategies.
- As opportunity presents, serve on-site with SC churches, as they minister through compassion ministry efforts.
Have a heart for serving your community?
Do you love your neighbors and want to see them become followers of Jesus?
If so, then being a SHARE Summer Catalyst may be perfect for you! SHARE Summer Catalysts will work with the Evangelism Team of the South Carolina Baptist Convention to come alongside and engage in our Neighboring Initiative. We are looking for someone who loves the Lord and is called to reach neighborhoods for Christ. We will explore how to practically do this and train others to join us on this journey.
What will a SHARE Summer Catalyst do?
- Participate in a virtual discipleship group
- Read 9 Arts of Gospel Conversations and discuss
- Lead weekly neighborhood outreach opportunities
- Create a Neighboring social media presence and content
- Follow-up with church partners who Neighbor for content and stories
- Help develop 3 new neighboring partnerships
- Meet weekly with supervisor (virtually if needed)
Have a heart for reaching the Nations with the gospel?
Planning to be in SC this summer but want to play a part in global gospel advance?
Love making cross-cultural connections with people and supporting missionaries around the world?
Then, being a SEND Summer Catalyst may be for you. SEND Catalysts will work together with the Missions Mobilization Team of the South Carolina Baptist Convention to do critical work in identifying and connecting with international peoples in SC, learning missionary tasks and strategies, and communicating and sharing the stories of Baptist missionaries around the world.
What will a SEND Summer Catalyst do?
- Connect with SC ethnic peoples pastors/church leaders to learn from and to tell their stories in a variety of mediums (video, written article, social media, etc.).
- Spend time with a mission pastor/leader of a church in your area to learn what it means to be a Sending Church.
- Once a week cohort learning about the missionary task and strategies to reach diverse people.
- Communicate with North American and International mission workers with the goal of sharing their stories and needs for prayer and support with South Carolina Baptist churches in a variety of mediums (video, written article, social media, etc.).
- As opportunity presents, on-site prayer walking, mapping and research in key SC metropolitan areas to identity needs and opportunities for gospel expansion with ethnic peoples in our state.
- Digital research and mapping of ethnic people groups in SC.
Have you wondered what it would be like to help start a church?
Do you have a desire to learn how to start a new church or be a part of a church planting team?
Do you want to learn how to research, engage and create a connection to a community for church planting, church growth and church multiplication?
You can do just that by becoming a START Summer Catalyst. START Summer Catalysts will work with existing church planters in SC., studying, serving and strategizing how new churches are formed and mobilized to impact their communities. You will work together with the Start Network of the South Carolina Baptist Convention participating in intentional church planting systems. You will learn practical leadership principles and how to develop a church planting core team.
What will a START Summer Catalyst Do?
- Connect with SC church planters/church leaders and learn the hands-on aspects involved in church planting, worship, small group development and community engagement.
- Spend time with a church planter/pastor/leader of a church plant to learn what it means to be a new church plant and engage communities in diverse ways.
- Once a week cohort learning about the church planting processes and pathway.
- Represent the church plant by communicating with the leaders and local communities with the goal of sharing their stories and needs for prayer and support in a variety of mediums (video, written article, social media, etc.).
- As opportunity presents, work alongside a church plant in on-site prayer walking, mapping and research in key SC metropolitan areas to identity needs and opportunities for gospel expansion with diverse peoples in their context.
- Digital research and mapping of demographics for church engagement and impact.
- Work alongside a church plant in creating, planning and leading community engagement events, activities and outreach.
Do you have a heart to use your creative gifts to serve local churches throughout South Carolina?
Do you want to use this unprecedented time to develop your skills in media, video, design, communications and/or social media?
Do you desire to grow in your relationship with Jesus with other college students?
You can do just that by becoming a Summer Catalyst with the Communications Team. The Communications Team Summer Catalyst will work with the SCBC Communications team to serve South Carolina churches in helping to share stories of how the Gospel is being advanced throughout the state.
What will a COMMUNICATIONS Summer Catalyst do?
- Support communications staff on projects largely through helping draft, produce and schedule content
- Assist in writing media releases
- Draft social media copy; conducting research on an as-needed basis
- Help to plan and execute promotion for events, including targeted media platforms
- Assist with social media coverage of events
- Assist in recording and editing video and audio content
- Assist in designing print and digital content
- Assist in scheduling social media content
- Other duties as assigned
As a Communications Team Summer Catalyst, you will need the following resources:
- Samples of your work and resume emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windows or Mac computer
- Adobe Creative Cloud license (SCBC provided)
- Internet access