The Chaplain Ministries of the South Carolina Baptist Convention exists to encourage, equip and enlist vocational and volunteer chaplains serving in South Carolina.
Click Here to read the article:
Messy Ministry - Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
2015 Annual Training for Chaplains & Pastors
Shepherds Under Seige
"The Rod and Staff for Today's Ministry"
September 28-29, 2015
White Oak Conference Center, Winnsboro, SC
Resources and Training provided by the South Carolina Baptist Convention:
Introduction to Chaplaincy: June 4, 2015 at the South Carolina Baptist Convention, 10am - 2:30pm . (Click on the link below to register).
Basic Instruction on Chaplain Ministry.
- You will gain insight into the various ways and settings that chaplains serve as well as some of the basic tools they use.
CLICK HERE to Register
A personal retreat for military service personnel who recently returned from active service.
- This opportunity is for any military service personnel having recently returned from the theater of war to enjoy a three-day personal retreat at White Oak Conference Center free of charge. Families are welcome and encouraged to participate. No activities or set dates are scheduled. This is simply a time to get away and refresh. More information including forms for Operation Refresh can be found on the White Oak Conference Center website link below. The registration form must be completed and signed by a chaplain or pastor and mailed or faxed to White Oak Conference Center at least two weeks ahead of time.
For more information on additional training and resources in your area, contact one of the following chaplains on our steering committee.
2014 Chaplains Advisory Committee:
- Chaplain Richard Sale, SCBC Chaplains Coordinator; Chaplain, Florence PD; FBI
- Chaplain Keith Kelly - Upstate
- Chaplain (MAJ) Matthew Hall - Midlands
- Captain Stan Strickland - Coastal
- Chaplain Lloyd Roberts - Low Country
Resources and training provided by the North American Mission Board:
Chaplaincy Evangelism Team Combat Chaplains Refreshment Conference:
- This is an opportunity through the Chaplaincy Evangelism Team at NAMB for combat military chaplains to be refreshed. This is open to any Chaplain who is preparing to deploy, been mobilized as a USAR or NG Chaplain away from home and family, or has been deployed on a ship. In other words, it is for all of their Chaplains to experience the refreshment at The Cove. NAMB will pay for chaplain and spouse to go the Billy Graham retreat Center (The Cove) in Asheville, NC. It is a great place to get away! The people at the Cove will treat you like royalty and you will leave refreshed and reinvigorated. Contact the chaplaincy Evangelism Team at www.namb.net/chaplain for more information.
Seminars and Resources:
- Training seminars and resources for volunteer law enforcement, disaster relief, healthcare and other areas of chaplaincy are available as needed. Click on www.namb.net/chaplain for more information.
Reminder for Chaplains:
Quarterly Chaplain's Report due dates:
- January 15
- April 15
- July 15
- October 15
Download the Quarterly Chaplain's Report Form.
Help us update our mailing list:
- If you are a vocational and/or volunteer chaplain serving in South Carolina, we would like to add you to our mailing list. If you are currently on our list, we would like to make sure your info is up to date. Contact Leisa Butler in Missions Mobilization at the SC Baptist Convention by calling 803-227-6180 or emailing email@example.com
For more information or help, contact:
Richard Sale, Chaplaincy Coordinator, Missions Mobilization Group SCBC, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 843.665.8889
Tim Rice, Director, Missions Mobilization Group SCBC, email@example.com, phone: 803-227-6179
Men and women who want to be endorsed by the Southern Baptist Convention as Chaplains should contact the Chaplaincy Evangelism Office at the North American Mission Board. The phone number is: 770-410-6376. Information about endorsement is also posted on their website at www.namb.net/chaplain.