Ministry Needs: Construction/Rebuild
Volunteer groups are needed for various ministry projects, both in-state and out-of-state. Volunteers do not have to be Disaster Relief-trained. All that is needed is willingness to serve, and a couple of team members with a basic understanding of construction/repair work.
Building Renovation, Chester, SC
Christ Central Chester is seeking help to renovate the upstairs floor of one of its buildings to establish the “Center of Hope,” a men’s recovery ministry.
Volunteers are needed to sheetrock rooms, to refinish or refurbish floors, to build a fire wall to separate the upstairs into two living areas, to make one of the rooms a kitchen, to do plumbing and bathroom work, to replace or fix windows, to renovate and update the stairwells, to paint, to do ceiling work, and to do whatever needs to be done to help transform this building into a place for ministry. Along with volunteer labor, materials are needed for the work.
If you are looking for a place to bring a team for a mission trip, Christ Central Chester could certainly use your help. Housing is available at local churches. Churches have kitchens that can be used.
Clay Waldrip at First Baptist Church in Chester
Building Repairs, South Jersey
Repairs needed for churches in South Jersey, an area where there are only 28 Southern Baptist churches to reach almost 4 million people. Also need VBS, prayer-walking, etc.
Samuel Rodriguez, Church Planting Catalyst, So. Jersey
Cell: (732) 239-9748
Various Construction Needs, SCBC Camps & Conference Center
When you assist at a camp, you have a part in providing life-changing experiences to the boys, girls, teens, and adults who attend camp or other events there.
Camp LaVida (Winnsboro, SC)
Troy Coates, Business/Maintenance Manager
- Painting, both inside and out.
- Reshingling numerous roofs
- Replace walkway boards
- Trimming and taking out trees (chainsaw work)
- Pressure washing
- Some electrical jobs
- Window repair
White Oak Conference Center (Winnsboro, SC)
John Cathcart, Associate Director
803-765-0035, Ext. 5906
- RV bath house
- RV sewer lines
- Repair railings at Motel A and B
- Tree trimming and removal around Guest House (chainsaw work)
- Re-landscape the front area of the Group House
- Work on horse trails
- Rebuild ramp leading up into Canoe house
Camp McCall (Sunset, SC)
Harley Deal, Maintenance Supervisor
- Long-standing metal projects for many Camp buildings.
- Carpentry projects for each Cabin–mainly re-working and replacing all of the screens and window openings.
- Upkeep to the ropes elements and recreational amenities, such as raising the platform for the swing or rebuilding the floating barge for the water slide.
- Masonry work to the Administration Building fireplace and complete rock work around the Carlton Adventure Recreation Building.
- Multiple pressure-washing, painting and general cosmetic projects.