Take A Vision Tour!
During a Vision Tour, participants will: learn about mission needs, customs and culture, discover ways your church can pray and support local evangelism and church planting efforts, meet pastors, missionaries and church planters who are looking for partners, and begin forming a strategy for starting a partnership!
2014 Vision Tour: September 15-18, 2014
While in Cleveland we will meet and hear from Church Planters and missionaries as they share God’s vision for reaching the 1.7 million people who live in the Greater Cleveland area. The Director of Missions Kevin Litchfield (who is from Moncks Corner and attended Francis Marion University), will share the strategy they have to discover and disciple the 100s of different language groups in Cleveland and he will share the ways SC churches can partner in that process. The group will see the facility being used for volunteer housing as well.
Interested in Student Mission Opportunities in Cleveland? CLICK HERE
Cleveland Hope Partnership
Cleveland Hope is a network of 46 churches, 44% of whom are less than 6 years old and 19% less than 1 year old. Of the 46 churches, 55% are directly involved in church planting. In 2012, Cleveland Hope witnessed 9 new church plants and received 1700 volunteers. In 2013 we hope to plant 15 churches.
Click on each below for more SC - Cleveland Hope Partnership information:
In the third year of the partnership we are focusing on the Columbus and Cincinnati metro areas, plus the southern Appalachian regions. The primary need is for volunteers to assist with church strengthening and church planting. The North American Mission Board has a strategy to plant churches in the major cities of North America called "Send-Cities" (www.namb.net/cities). Three cities in Ohio are a part of this strategy - Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati.
Share your mission stories! Praises and prayers! If your church participates in a missions opportunity in Ohio, we'd like to hear from you. Please e-mail your stories and prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The North American Mission Board also has information available on the following links:
Cincinnati Baptist Association. Contact: Dennis Holmes; 1255 West Kemper Road, Cincinnati, OH 45240; 513-478-3020; email@example.com; www.Cincinnatibaptist.com. Download the Greater Cincinnati Association brochure (PDF).
- VBS for small churches and new church plants.
- Multihousing ministry in 3 communities with Backyard Bible Clubs, VBS, sports camps, block parties, concerts.
- Construction projects - light to complicated. Repair for several churches; painting and outside cleanup primarily.
- Prayerwalking areas for new church plants.
- Survey work.
- Event announcement via door hangers.
- Free car washes, free water distribution for a church plant.
MCBA is an association of 95 churches in central Ohio. Twenty-three new churches have been added between 2003 and 2010. The Association houses and supports several Christian ministries such as Stowe Mission Center, a Laotian church and Christian Women's Job Corps.
- Stowe Ministry Center provides 86,000 hot meals a year through the soup kitchen. It also has a food pantry, clothes closet and dental and vision clinics. Volunteers are needed to serve meals, stock shelves and witness. Ministry supplies are needed such as paper goods, gloves for the clinics, etc.
- Volunteers are needed to assist church planters and local churches with various outreach projects, block parties, kindness evangelism, etc. all over Columbus.
For more information about the Ohio Partnership, contact Leisa Butler at (803) 227-6180 or Tim Rice at (803)227-6179 in the Missions Mobilization Group or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com