Now in our third year of the partnership: SC Baptists A Witness to the World, many churches have begun their own partnerships in Delhi and North India. Your church can join with one of these or you can take your own group. Contact the Missions Mobilization Group at 803-765-0030 ext. 4800 or email Tim Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Embrace ASAP 201 is a 10 day missions experience in India that will train and equip your church to work among the UUPGs. The dates for these trainings are as follows:
Embrace ASAP 201 - New Delhi: 2015 (dates coming soon)
During the trip you will:
- Learn from the strategies of your IMB field workers and begin to team with them.
- Be inspired as you meet national partners whom God is raising up to take His truth to unreached/unengaged peoples.
- Learn from these national brothers and sisters, assist in training many in strategic church planting strategies, and pray for them.
- Make friends with South Asian people: drink their tea, talk with them in English and through translators, and touch people’s lives by sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Imagine being the first to share Christ with people who have literally never heard the name JESUS! Your love for Him will shine into their lives.
- Begin to use the tools you’ve been learning. Go into new areas, pray strategically, look for the man of peace, research, map communities, follow the Spirit’s leading…As people respond, gather them for worship and begin to train them to reach their oikos.
- Return to your church family with a vision and prayer strategy that will strategically involve your church to engage your South Asian UUPG. You will be amazed at the opportunities! You will be changed by the experience!
For more information about Embrace India and how you can be a partner on mission, contact Tim Rice in the Missions Mobilization Group by calling 803-227-6179 or e-mailing email@example.com.
Embrace is the emphasis of the International Mission Board to evangelize and disciple the unreached unengaged people groups of the world. There are seminars in the US to help churches get started. Go to www.call2embrace.org for information from the IMB.The IMB leads training seminars in various places outside the United States to assist churches that would like to begin to Embrace a UUPG overseas. You do not have to select a people group to go through Embrace field training.
Click on Embrace ASAP 201 to learn more about South Asiain Peoples, Embrace Events, Training, Resources and more!
If your church participates in a missions opportunity in Delhi, we'd like to hear from you. Please e-mail your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.