See below: WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO BEFORE ATTENDING? Requirements of Immersion II
Immersion I is mostly about philosophy – the “why” behind what we do. Immersion II is vastly different. In Immersion II, your team will work together to design and develop a variety of key areas which will transform your church into a healthy, growing, dynamic, disciple making church.
YOUR TEAM WILL WORK THROUGH:
- Intentional Leadership:
- critical analysis of your own leadership style and ability
- personal leadership growth plan
- leadership development plan for your church leaders
- creating healthy environments in your church
- develop leadership model and ministry structure
- dispute resolution process
- systems for leadership assessment and growth
- create/modify doctrinal statement (core beliefs, essentials, non-essentials)
- create/modify vision statement (establishing the win)
- create/modify mission statement (how to accomplish the win)
- develop a common definition for disciple, components of discipleship and definition for relational environment
- systems for assessing and communicating vision and mission
- develop a ministry filter to ensure ministries are accomplishing the win
- assessment of church organization and structure compared to the win
- alignment strategy for church structure and organization
- vision and mission alignment – weekend services
- development of a sermon club (sermon prep team and process)
- global alignment philosophy, processes and assessment
- Relational Environments: (Small Groups)
- define purpose of small groups
- develop general small group structure and organization
- determine small group curriculum
- develop small group branching philosophy
- develop small group leader standards and expectations
- develop small group leader recruitment and development
- develop small group connection process and procedures
- develop small group growth model and plan
- systems for accountability, assessment and tracking
- understanding of biblical story telling
- development of relational environments for discipleship
- effective small group facilitation
- Discipleship Process:
- develop an intentional discipleship process
- system for assessing and communicating the discipleship process
- develop healthy plan for change
- create workgroups to complete tasks and implement change
- develop timeline and strategy for implementing change
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?As a general rule, 80% of your team is to have completed Immersion I. You must bring a team of at least 4 people and we limit the maximum number for your team to 12 participants. Teams generally consist of the following:
- Senior pastor
- Key staff members
- Key influencers, lay ministers and volunteer leaders
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO BEFORE ATTENDING? Requirements of Immersion II
** All groups must have at least a minimum of 4 people and up to a maximum of 12 people, the group must include the pastor of the church..
** At least 80% of your team who will be participating in Immersion ll must have completed Immersion l including the pastor of the church or have completed "Next Steps Small Group Experience." We do have an Immersion l Small Group curriculum for those on your team who were not able to attend the Immersion l but who will be attending the Immersion ll. Please contact Fan Hopple (email@example.com) for details.
** Maximum of 9 churches total for each Immersion II.
All non-SCBC churches must pay in advance upon registration.
Immersion II conferences are scheduled at White Oak Conference Center on the following dates:
October 13 - 15, 2014 -- Click here to register (This event has been cancelled).
The last date to receive a full refund of the registration fee is two weeks prior to the event/conference date. We seek to be a good steward of resources entrusted to us for the expansion of God's Kingdom. Financial commitments have been made with food service/resources - which we will be obligated to pay. Thank you for your understanding.
Once a refund is approved, the refund by the SCBC Accounting Office will be issued in one of the following ways:
- Refund check issued when payment was received as a check or cash
- Credit issued to Visa/MasterCard when payment was received from Visa/MasterCard
Be advised that any eligible funds will not automatically happen as a result of your cancellation notice. If a refund (partial or full) is applicable, and you have not done so, contact the host office/group sponsoring the event and make a refund request.