This training is for SC Baptist Disaster Relief volunteers who wish to serve as chaplains. You do not have to be a professional minister to serve in this role, and
This training is for SC Baptist Disaster Relief volunteers who wish to serve as chaplains. You do not have to be a professional minister to serve in this role, and both male and female chaplains are needed.
- Check -in at 12:30 p.m. Friday (lunch is not provided – please have lunch before arrival)
- Conference begins at 1:00 p.m. Friday.
- Conference ends at 4:00 p.m. Saturday.
View or Download Schedule
Location: White Oak Conference Center, 633 Mobley Hwy, Winnsboro, SC 29180
- You must be a current South Carolina Disaster Relief volunteer.
- The trainer requests that all attendees read the DR Chaplains Training Manual prior to the training. A link to the manual is provided here: DR_Chaplain Training Manual . You do not need to print off the manual, as a copy will be given to you at the training.
Course Description: This training follows the Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Chaplain Training Manual, with instructor explanation and group discussion. This resource will assist you to bring help, healing and hope to individuals in disaster areas and also to the volunteers who come to their aid.
Trainer: Phil Bryson, pastor of Beaverdam Baptist Church in the Laurens Association, and a long-time Disaster Relief chaplain.
18 (Friday) 1:00 pm - 19 (Saturday) 4:00 pm
White Oak Conference Center
633 Mobley Hwy, Winnsboro, SC 29180
Conference fee: $45 (Includes registration fee and materials. Lodging and meals are additional.) Single room approx.$78.25 per night, Double room approx. $59.00 per person per night (includes room and 3 meals)