Church Staff Digest
Church Administration Office
Documentation is Important!
Service Description for Church Trustees
Service Description for Church Trustees:
Philippians 2:4 – “Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.”
Bylaws Description for Church Trustees:
The Church Trustees are at least three laymen elected to sign documentation in trust for the church on all legal transactions. Church Trustees could be elected to serve for life in order to maintain consistency and longevity with all documentation.
Policy and Procedures Description for Church Trustees:
Service Title: Church Trustees (three persons)
Ministry Purpose: The Church Trustees (3) serve as legal representatives in all transactions related to the church. They hold legal title to the church property and sign all documents related to the purchase, sale, mortgaging or rental of church property, only after approval by the church in regular or called business session.
Service Relationships: The Church Trustees relate to the congregation as legal tenders/trustees on their behalf. They function in cooperation with the Pastor, Moderator, Clerk and Treasurer to maintain all related documentation on behalf of the church.
1. Trustees hold legal title to all church property.
2. Sign all legal documents under direction of the church.
3. Maintain an inventory of church documentation related to deeds, loans, insurance, and Bylaws with
Policy and Procedures.
4. Relates to appropriate civil officio’s in all legal matters involving the church.
5. Keeps abreast of latest insurance and legal changes to report such changes to church leadership and
6. Counsel with church leadership in matters related to property.
7. Maintain and secure all legal documents in conjunction with the Church Clerk in a safety deposit box.
8. Trustee Chairman serves as a member of the Administrative Business Council.
For more information, see: Church Staff Digest June 2006, Documentation Is Important, Part Seven: Church Officers – Part A.
Disclaimer: All job descriptions/service descriptions are intended as a guide and may or may not fit the vision, purpose and practice of every church.